- Holds Filters 100mm Wide, 2mm Thick
- Magnetic Filter Holder System
- Quickly Install or Remove Filters
- Gaskets for Light-Blocking Seals
- Rotates 360°
- Included Circular Polarizer Filter
- Circular Polarizer Rotates Independently
- Aluminum-Alloy Construction
- Padded Pouch
This 100mm K-Series Filter Holder Kit from H&Y Filters allows for the convenient use of separately available 100mm wide, 2mm thick filters along with an included circular polarizer filter. The kit's 100mm K-Series Filter Holder comes assembled to accommodate 100mm wide filters that each have a separately available H&Y Filters Quick Release Magnetic Filter Frame installed on them. A Quick Release Magnetic Filter Frame is designed to reinforce the edges of one separately available, 100 x 100mm, 2mm thick filter or one separately available 100 x 150mm, 2mm thick filter while enabling its use with the filter holder. While installed along the sides of a filter, these magnetic filter frames each help to eliminate or limit stray light, which could have unwanted effects on exposure, from coming in between that filter, as well as the filter holder and the lens behind it. Additionally, a Quick Release Magnetic Filter Frame enhances a filter's rigidity and promotes sharp results by helping to ensure that the filter remains flat. When combined with a 100mm K-Series Filter Holder, filters each with a Quick Release Magnetic Filter Frame can be magnetically stacked in front of a camera lens instead of inserted only within a specific number of filter holder slots, allowing the user to determine the number of filters to be applied, all of which can be quickly installed, repositioned, or switched with a different filter needed for other subjects or changing lighting conditions.
The included aluminum-alloy filter holder is pre-installed with one pair of magnetic filter slots that accommodate, and using a single set screw, can fasten one filter with a Quick Release Magnetic Filter Frame in between them. That screw can be can be loosened or tightened to vary the level of grip upon the inserted filter, which can complement the use of a graduated filter whose effect can be adjusted to better suit changing lighting conditions or creative demands by sliding it up or down within a filter slot. Additional filters with Quick Release Magnetic Filter Frames can then be magnetically stacked over the magnetic filter slots and the one filter with its Quick Release Magnetic Filter Frame in between them.
Installation of a Quick Release Magnetic Filter Frame onto a compatible filter is performed by first removing the paper backing from the rear adhesive on each of its four separate top, bottom and side sections. The side sections are initially fastened to the corresponding area on one side of either a 2mm thick 100 x 100mm or 100 x 150mm filter, followed by the top and bottom sections which also snap into the side sections to help ensure a secure fit.
Use of the filter holder can be easily accomplished by first screwing an included 67, 72, 77, or 82mm filter holder adapter ring onto a lens with corresponding front filter threads, while separately available step-up rings can be used to join a filter holder adapter ring to a lens with front filter threads that are smaller in diameter to the filter holder adapter ring in use. After being fitted onto the adapter ring, the heads of the filter holder's two adapter ring retaining screws can be tightened or loosened to provide a reliable, yet adjustable connection that allows the filter holder to be rotated 360°, further benefiting the use of graduated neutral density and other filters that are enhanced by varied positioning.
The 100mm K-Series Filter Holder also accommodates an included drop-in circular polarizer filter. That filter is mounted within a geared aluminum-alloy filter ring assembly with an external dial, which allows for the independent rotation of the circular polarizer filter in order to adjust the intensity of its effect. For still images or video captures where the drop-in circular polarizer filter is not in use, a snap-on cap is provided to cover the filter holder's accessory slot for that filter. The snap-on cap then serves to eliminate stray light, which could have unwanted effects on exposure, from coming in between any installed filters and the filter holder and the lens behind it.
- Durable, aluminum-alloy filter holder with pre-installed magnetic filter slots is compatible with 100mm wide, 2mm thick filters that each have a separately available H&Y Filters Quick Release Magnetic Filter Frame installed on them
- Filters each with a Quick Release Magnetic Filter Frame can be magnetically stacked in front of a camera lens instead of inserted only within a specific number of filter holder slots, allowing the user to determine the number of filters to be applied, all of which can be quickly installed, repositioned, or switched with another filter
- Magnetic filter slots feature front-facing center finder rulers for precise positioning of filters
- Use of the filter holder can be easily accomplished by first screwing an included 67, 72, 77, or 82mm filter holder adapter ring onto a lens with corresponding front filter threads
- Filter holder to be rotated 360° on a filter holder adapter ring, further benefiting the use of graduated neutral density and other filters that are enhanced by varied positioning
- Built-in gasket placed along the front of the filter holder further helps to ensure that stray light does not come between an installed filter and a connected lens
- Filter holder also accommodates an included drop-in circular polarizer filter
- External dial on the circular polarizer filter ring assembly allows for the independent rotation of the polarizer filter when it is used with the filter holder
- Circular polarizer filter does not disrupt auto exposure or focus features and is constructed from Schott B270 glass for clarity
- Each glass surface of the circular polarizer includes eight layers of anti-reflection coatings to prevent internal ghosting and reflections as well as an anti-smear and a nano coating for an improved beading effect when in contact with water or oil for greater cleaning efficiency
- Polarizer filters help to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface, clears up haze in distant landscapes, and provides more saturated, vivid colors
- Nylon pouches for storage and transport of the filter holder, drop-in circular polarizer, snap-on cap, and filter holder adapter rings